RE: [linux] (Virus) Distribution on a CD

  • Mohsen Yoosefi Nejad
    Message 1 of 40 , Jan 4, 2002
      Wise linux users always redirect root messages to a normal account using
      /etc/aliases and newaliases also if they don't do this they won't run
      unknown programs.
      If you want to feel this more I must point to "whatis". A wise user
      never type this: $somecommand -h (or --help) he will try this instead:
      $whatis somecommand
      This is because he doesn't know what is that command about and he won't
      do the risk of running it while it is a linux command!
      We take that he will never run a command that has no entry in "whatis"
      database and has not come from a trusted place.

      Mohsen.