Re: dhcp

  • Damian Walker
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 1998
      Hello Daniel,

      > How can I install DHCP on Red Hat 4.2 Linux?

      Do you want to install the server or the client software? There's a
      mini-howto for the client software, in /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/DHCPcd.gz
      which describes installation for Slackware, Debian, Red Hat and
      possibly others.

      Damian
    • Robert J. Bell
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
        Right now my sever has a static IP because it is behind my linksys router, but
        I'm going to remove the router. I know how to use ifconfig to setup a nic but
        how do I set an interface to use dhcp without using something like linuxconf? I
        looked through some of the network scripts in /etc/sysconfig (Red Hat) but I did
        not see it.

        Robert Bell
        Rob@...
        AIM: LtsNotes