Re: having a bad time ob installing xine

  • Cameron Simpson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2002
      On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 01:42:20PM -0700, Shaun Hadfield <daryl_judd@...> wrote:
      | > what is wrong with my installation? if anyone has the patience to give me
      | > me a detailed (as in installation howto, step by step approach for newbie)
      | > instruction on hot to install xine, i'd be highly grateful. =)
      |
      | Again, Xine bad. Ogle good. lol
      |
      | Ok, ok, if my memory suits me correct Xine was an awful mess for me to try
      | and compile as well.

      Xine compiles fine for me, every time. And there are RPMs on the web too.

      If the original respondent could contact me I can walk him through it.
      It's very easy.
      --
      Cameron Simpson, DoD#743 cs@... http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

      Gallows, n. A stage for the performance of miracle plays, in which the
      leading actor is translated to heaven. In this country the gallows is
      chiefly remarkable for the number of persons who escape it. - A. Bierce
    • Percy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hi Shaun and Cameron!

        Thanks for replying to mail. I reviewed the compile logs and from what I
        saw was I need a sound driver from ALSA (which is for my onboard
        sound-RH7.1 cant provide the friggin driver).

        Anyway, I think I'll be trying Ogle too.

        Thanks and Happy New Year!

        Percy =)

        PS: Cameron, if you could still give me the xine walk through, please mail
        them privately to me. Thanks again! =)

        On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:29:45 +1100
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> wrote:

        #|On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 01:42:20PM -0700, Shaun Hadfield <daryl_judd@...> wrote:
        #|| > what is wrong with my installation? if anyone has the patience to give me
        #|| > me a detailed (as in installation howto, step by step approach for newbie)
        #|| > instruction on hot to install xine, i'd be highly grateful. =)
        #||
        #|| Again, Xine bad. Ogle good. lol
        #||
        #|| Ok, ok, if my memory suits me correct Xine was an awful mess for me to try
        #|| and compile as well.
        #|
        #|Xine compiles fine for me, every time. And there are RPMs on the web too.
        #|
        #|If the original respondent could contact me I can walk him through it.
        #|It's very easy.
        #|--
        #|Cameron Simpson, DoD#743 cs@... http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/
        #|
        #|Gallows, n. A stage for the performance of miracle plays, in which the
        #|leading actor is translated to heaven. In this country the gallows is
        #|chiefly remarkable for the number of persons who escape it. - A. Bierce
        #|
        #|
        #|To unsubscribe, email linux-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com, or visit http://www.yahoogroups.com
        #|