System Check annoyance

  • Meph Istopheles
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hey,

      OK. I'd asked about this in a previous e-mail, but I've
      received nothing about it.

      But now this damned thing is coming up in my mail every hour.
      I've renamed the file, temporarily. Why was it set up by the
      system (I guess) security, if it's not needed, & what's the best
      way to do away with it?

      Unusual System Events
      Nov 1 13:05:57 Ra-Hoor amd[4430]: reload of map /etc/amd.net is
      not needed (in sync)

      Meph

      "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
      -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux