Booting BSD with GRUB

  • Scott Robbins
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Just in case anyone's interested--at least with the version of Grub that
      comes with RH's Roswell beta, it's quite easy to boot FreeBSD--there seem to
      be two theories of how to do it, and as those who know me would expect, I
      chose the lazier way

      title FreeBSD
      rootnoverify (hd0,1)
      chainloader +1

      Boots right up. (It's on the 2nd primary partition, hda2 in Linux talk,
      (hd0,1) to Grub.

      Hopefully, it'll be of interest to someone

      Scott
    • Patrick Berry
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        YES!, ME!
        I have a dozen systems built up here, and about 3 of
        the *BSD's and most of the major Linux distributions.
        I like the choices of different distros...
        Thanks!
        Patrick in Florida

        http://phone.yahoo.com