Odd thing

  • Meph Istopheles
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2001
      Hey,

      I was looking at the sysmail on my girl friend's 'puter to find
      that there were two entries about my .Xclients & .xinitrc being
      world writable. This is odd.

      First what are the proper permissions for this that I can set
      them. Second, the odd part is that the path to the file wasn't
      for these files on her 'puter -- they were for the files on ~my~
      puter. Yes, we're networked, but how is it her puter is able to
      read both for security holes in mdk 7.2? Why hers & not mine
      seems wacko;-).

      Meph

      --
      "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
      -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux