Re: [linux] program for making calls

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2001
      lbergman wrote:

      > > I need is to call to a list of phone numbers, play a wav (or mp3, or
      > > anything) and then hang-up, thank you.
      > hmmmm... spamming with regular phones...

      I think the technical term is "Telemarketing scam"..

      > at least we won't be bothered.

      Yeah, it's a bit like going into the AGM of the Vegan Society and asking
      if anyone has a good recipe for meat pie...

      Chris
      --
      New sig in the works
      Explorer2260 Designer and Coder
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2001
        > Isfor a telephony company, here, they use this sstem to tell people some
        > things (like, they have to pay).
        I would look into bayonne (spelling??). It is the GNU telephjony server. Se
        more at linuxtelephony.com. It may be too much for what you want but it is a
        start.

        Of course there is always bash. I couldn't do it but I'll bet there are a
        couple on this list that would not find it difficult.

        --
        Lewis Bergman
        Texas Communications