modem compatible?

  • edmcman@xxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 12:54 PM
      I was wondering if there is a way to check if someone has a
      "winmodem". I have linux installed on my 386. I have gotten that
      online, but this computer doesn't seem to want to dial. I have an
      Aztech modem, if anyone knows if thats a "winmodem" or not write back,
      thanks!

      ==
      From, EdMcMan
      EdMcMan Dalnet, Austnet, CobraNet
      http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/9826/irc.html
      CL in TimesSquare for GeoCities
      :) Happy :( Sad }:< Dog face :< Another Dog face }:( Mad
      :P Sticking tounge out =) Smiling while your sleeping (: backwards
      May the Force Be With You!
    • maheshsshetty
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2004
        [ Top-posting and lack of trimming corrected by moderator. ]

        --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, edmcman@... wrote:
        > I was wondering if there is a way to check if someone has a
        > "winmodem". I have linux installed on my 386. I have gotten that
        > online, but this computer doesn't seem to want to dial. I have an
        > Aztech modem, if anyone knows if thats a "winmodem" or not write
        back,

        Dear Friend,

        only motorola types of modem will not get installed ( winmodem make
        is motorola ) it is quite difficult .
        rest other modem are easily installable