Re: [linux] Re: Window Managers

  • robin
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2001
      Tom Albrecht wrote:

      > At 08:20 PM 3/1/01 +0100, you wrote:
      > >For me the best WM is KDE. I am still a beginner and find this one very
      > >friendly. People who used Windows will very easy find themselves in this
      > >enviroment and soon they will start to consider it much better and easier
      > >then M$ product.
      >
      > Yeah, i like KDE, too... but it's a memory hog. I'm looking for something
      > that is going to be running about 20-30 instances simultaneously. KDE, I
      > think, is too large for this.

      IceWM looks a bit like Windows and goes like greased lightning.

      Robin
    • Dominic Scott
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2001
        > IceWM looks a bit like Windows and goes like greased lightning.
        I agree, haven't had a look at how easy configuration and customization is
        but it's certainly got a familiar look and feel and is a LOT lighter that
        KDE.

        BTW where can I get more info on Ice? I used it on Mandrake 7.2 and it was
        installed by default. I will however be using it in anger shortly on
        SUSE6.1/2.2.18/xfree 3 so would like to customize it etc. and learn how to
        set it up.

        Dom.
      • robin
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2001