RE: [linux] Help!!!!

  • William C. Phye
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hi.

      At least in part, this might be alittle easier:

      At your existing prompt or by powering down & back on, Ctrl+Alt+Del or
      Reset, get to a Boot: prompt [you will probaly only have a few seconds so
      watch for this]

      Assuming default label of Linux

      Press Tab and enter/type in Linux single
      and press enter key

      you should get Bash#

      enter/type in passwd root

      press enter

      enter your new, known root password

      press enter

      re-enter, confirm new, known root password

      press enter

      at Bash# enter/type in reboot

      press enter

      ---------

      After rebooting completes,you should be able to enter new root password and
      proceed on into GUI environment of HardDrake or DrakConfig, etc. and change
      mouse.

      Good luck.

      William

        > At least in part, this might be alittle easier:

        > At your existing prompt or by powering down & back on, Ctrl+Alt+Del or
        > Reset, get to a Boot: prompt [you will probaly only have a few seconds so
        > watch for this]

        > Assuming default label of Linux

        > Press Tab and enter/type in Linux single
        > and press enter key

        Doh! That's what I'd menat. But I'd tried other things I've
        used in RH to no avail....

        Thanks for clearing it all up for the guy -- & me;-).

        Meph

        --
        "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
        -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux