Re: help...

  • SIMS, Paul, LCTL
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 1999
      mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom (or /dev/hd<whatever device letter>)
      /<mountpoint>
      I always use a dir called (wait for it) /cdrom to mount the cd, but some
      prefer to mount it unde /mnt or /mnt/cd.
      My cd is /dev/hdd but is symbolically linked to /dev/cdrom, so my mount
      command is "mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom".

      I put this in a shell script called lcd (load cd) in /usr/sbin, so all I
      have to do is type lcd to mount the cd. i also have a script "ucd" which
      just does "umount /cdrom".

    • one@xxxxxx.xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2000
        >Can you tell me the full correct command to mount a cdrom in linux?

        make a directory /cdrom , for example,
        then
        mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom

        this should work.