RE: [linux] cdparanoia

  • Sprague, ITSN
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
      RE: [linux] cdparanoia

      Thanks for the suggestions I did play the .wav files and they sounded really
      good, from cdparanoia and I played what was produced from bladeenc in the
      form of an incomplete .mp3 and what played sounded good. I think I have come
      to the conclusion that the software is not at fault but possibly my
      processor. So until I can try this with another processor, which won be for
      a while Il just have to keep trying. I do get to complete the encoding after
      a few tries sometimes more than a few but it will eventually encode the
      entire .wav . I really wish I knew of a better way to narrow things down.
      But thanks again for all the help and with all of the info on Cyrix. I
      learned a lot this weekend.

      Danny Collins

      Ed McMan wrote:

      > Try using cdda2wav if cdparanoia doesn't work. *shrug*
      >
      > > From: "Danny M. Collins" <dmcol@...>
      > > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:06:08 -0400
      > > To: linux@egroups.com
      > > Subject: Re: [linux] cdparanoia
      > >
      > > "Danny M. Collins" wrote:
      > >
      > >> Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
      > >> with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.
      > >>
      > >> Danny

      Grab a copy of Gogo or Lame, see if they can handle the file, also try converting to .au with sox, and see if bladeenc / Gogo / Lame can handle that.

      PS. Gogo is MEGA-fast... (32sec to encode a 10:42 song at 128Kbps on an Ath-750, versus 7:30 for Lame and 9:50 for bladeenc)