[linux] cdparanoia

  • Danny M. Collins
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2000
      Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
      with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.

      Danny
    • Danny M. Collins
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2000
        "Danny M. Collins" wrote:

        > Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
        > with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.
        >
        > Danny

        > visit www.onelist.com.

        One other thing I am getting a core dump (floating point exception when I
        try to encode the .wav to .mp3 using both bladeenc and cdda2mp3. Any
        thoughts?

        TIA
        Danny Collins
      • John O'Donnell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
          "Danny M. Collins" wrote:

          > "Danny M. Collins" wrote:
          >
          > > Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
          > > with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.
          > >
          > > Danny

          > > visit www.onelist.com.
          >
          > One other thing I am getting a core dump (floating point exception when I
          > try to encode the .wav to .mp3 using both bladeenc and cdda2mp3. Any
          > thoughts?
          >
          > TIA
          > Danny Collins

          Have you tried to play the resulting .WAV file from cdparanoia.
          Or for that matter the .MP3 file?

          Johnny O

          --
          === Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away.===
          +==============================+====================================+
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
            Try using cdda2wav if cdparanoia doesn't work. *shrug*

            > From: "Danny M. Collins" <dmcol@...>
            > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:06:08 -0400
            > To: linux@egroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [linux] cdparanoia
            >
            > "Danny M. Collins" wrote:
            >
            >> Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
            >> with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.
            >>
            >> Danny
          • Danny M. Collins
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
              Thanks for the suggestions I did play the .wav files and they sounded really
              good, from cdparanoia and I played what was produced from bladeenc in the
              form of an incomplete .mp3 and what played sounded good. I think I have come
              to the conclusion that the software is not at fault but possibly my
              processor. So until I can try this with another processor, which won be for
              a while Il just have to keep trying. I do get to complete the encoding after
              a few tries sometimes more than a few but it will eventually encode the
              entire .wav . I really wish I knew of a better way to narrow things down.
              But thanks again for all the help and with all of the info on Cyrix. I
              learned a lot this weekend.

              Danny Collins

              Ed McMan wrote:

              > Try using cdda2wav if cdparanoia doesn't work. *shrug*
              >
              > > From: "Danny M. Collins" <dmcol@...>
              > > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:06:08 -0400
              > > To: linux@egroups.com
              > > Subject: Re: [linux] cdparanoia
              > >
              > > "Danny M. Collins" wrote:
              > >
              > >> Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
              > >> with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.
              > >>
              > >> Danny

              > visit www.onelist.com.
            • Sprague, ITSN
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2000
                RE: [linux] cdparanoia

                Ed McMan wrote:

                > Try using cdda2wav if cdparanoia doesn't work. *shrug*
                >
                > > From: "Danny M. Collins" <dmcol@...>
                > > Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:06:08 -0400
                > > To: linux@egroups.com
                > > Subject: Re: [linux] cdparanoia
                > >
                > > "Danny M. Collins" wrote:
                > >
                > >> Has anyone had experience with cdparanoia, it keeps producing the .wav
                > >> with floating point exceptions in it. Can figure it out.
                > >>
                > >> Danny

                Grab a copy of Gogo or Lame, see if they can handle the file, also try converting to .au with sox, and see if bladeenc / Gogo / Lame can handle that.

                PS. Gogo is MEGA-fast... (32sec to encode a 10:42 song at 128Kbps on an Ath-750, versus 7:30 for Lame and 9:50 for bladeenc)