64241Re: [Fwd: Re: HeartBleed perpetrator identified]

  • Thad Floryan
    Apr 11, 2014
      Scott wrote:
      > On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 01:31:41PM -0700, Thad Floryan wrote:
      > > FYI
      > > [...]
      > > which concludes:
      > >
      > > "OpenSSL is not developed by a responsible team."
      >
      > It is probably good to point out that the statement was made by Theo
      > DeRadt, who tends to, when criticizing anything his team hasn't
      > written, be rather nasty.

      { hmmm, your article was easy to scrape from Yahoo noting I haven't
      been loggedin for ages since Neo waiting for my account to expire }

      No more nastier than when I refer to Yahoo's indiocies especially
      the NEO fiasco -- group messages are still hosed 8 months later and
      not one person in this group shared/shares my concern for the loss of
      this group's message archives beginning January 1998.

      As I discovered during a NEO glitch in October 2013, the "raw" message
      archives are still OK, it's just that NEO is not fetching and displaying
      them in any sane manner due to Yahoo's incompetence.

      I posted the HeartBleed perpetrators' names so people would know wbo
      the clowns are who caused the problem should they ever seek employment
      in the computer or IT job sectors ever again. What they did, as I
      posted previously, was inexcusable and unconscionable and they should
      suffer lifelong shunning as a minimum punishment.

      I do NOT abide PC (Political Correctness crapola) and will call a spade
      a spade and Theo's comment

      "OpenSSL is not developed by a responsible team."

      is spot on and NOT a nasty comment.

      I just looked at the latest source fixes this week from here:

      http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1g.tar.gz 4.3MB

      and randomly examining the source code shows a dearth of comments which
      is a sign of shoddy design and thinking resulting in crap software much
      like the systemd crapola from Poettering and Sievers.