64235Re: [linux] RedHat qualifications

  • J
    Apr 10, 2014
      On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 08:20:37PM +0100, Ed wrote:
      >> As the end of the outsourcing contact nears, I'm wondering about $job+1,
      >> it's been a while since I graduated so I'm wondering if employers would
      >> value my know-how. So I'm thinking I need a buzzword tech refresh.

      My buzz words:

      Python, Django OpenStack, OpenCompute, OpenVSwitch, Ceph, Cinder,
      Juju, MAAS, Bare metal provisioning, puppet, chef, ARM64, Go, Neutron,
      RDMA.

      Especially the OpenStack and other cloud related technologies. I
      can't remember how many calls I've answered over the last 6 moths for
      different companies looking for pretty much any breathing soul who can
      explain adequately the difference between block and object storage and
      knows that "the cloud" is not just some puffy whisps of vapor in the
      air. And each recruiter I chat with sounds equally desperate to fill
      those spaces...

      I'd say that's indicative of the RTP area where I live, but I've
      fielded headhunter calls from the links of Amazon, Google and
      Rackspace to name a few, all centered well away from where I live.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic