      Subject: Re: HeartBleed OpenSSL security flaw exposes millions of passwords
      Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 22:02:38 -0700
      From: Thad Floryan <thad@...>
      Newsgroups: ba.internet

      On 4/8/2014 9:54 PM, David Kaye wrote:
      > "Thad Floryan" <thad@...> wrote
      >
      >> Security researchers who uncovered the threat, known as "Heartbleed,"
      >> are particularly worried about the breach because it went undetected for
      >> more than two years.
      >
      > So much for open source being a panacea.

      Bingo!

      Anyone who believes there are millions of extra eyes perusing
      and poring over every line of open source code are dreaming
      and deluding themselves.

      If anyone, it's the criminal hackers who are reading the code
      to determine how it can be exploited for financial gain and/or
      for fun -- I doubt the exploits are the result of an errant
      mouse click on a GUI.