61142Penguin Command (was: Re: CentOS, RedHat, and Linux Distros etc...)

    Sep 2, 2012
      > From my notes, the one you would want is this one:
      >
      > <http://www.linux-games.com/penguin-command/>
      > [...]

      It just gets better and better; here is the download list today at
      the above URL:

      Penguin Command 1.6.11 for Linux (source)
      Penguin Command 1.6.11 for Windows
      Penguin Command 1.6.9 for MacOS X
      Penguin Command for debian
      Penguin Command for FreeBSD
      Penguin Command for BeOS
      Penguin Command for Solaris
      Penguin Command for Amiga OS4
      Penguin Command 0install interface (linux/i386)
      Penguin Command for AROS

      Seeing this note is surprising:

      removed the great tune Penguin Night since it seemed to cause
      random crashes. Better solutions are very welcome. See the bug
      report for details

      <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=184437\%22>

      Don't click on the bug report URL on the linux-games.com page -- the
      URL is hosed. I extracted the above URL from the mess.

      That bug report is dated 2003 and there are some patches, but the
      tune plays fine on my Ubuntu 8.04.4 system and doesn't crash after
      15 minutes like some of followup reports state.

      Interesting: no Red Hat and derivatives are in the above download
      list; why am I not surprised? Maybe RedHat's douchebaggery began
      just after my great 2003 RedHat 9 distro was released. :-)