61141Re: CentOS, RedHat, and Linux Distros etc...

    Sep 2, 2012
      > Years back here I posted the instructions on how to download and
      > build "Penguin Command" which is the best clone of the arcade game
      > "Missile Command". It has to be compiled on the system upon which
      > it will run. I provided the names of the items needed for Ubuntu;
      > check these articles I posted (it's really a GOOD game):

      > Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:21 am
      > "Distro upgrades (WAS: Re: HP LaserJet 6P Help)"
      > [...]

      Odd, that one is missing. Luckily I had a copy of it -- I save
      everything I post in files which can be quickly searched locally since
      Yahoo's search, ahem, leaves a lot to be desired. :-)

      The relevant portion of that message is copy and pasted below:

      [...]
      From my notes, the one you would want is this one:

      <http://www.linux-games.com/penguin-command/>

      The dependencies are/were the requirement for the SDL libs; the
      minimum required was (on Ubuntu):

      libsdl1.2debian
      libsdl1.2debian-all
      libsdl1.2-dev
      libsdl1.2-image1.2
      libsdl1.2-image1.2-dev
      libsdl1.2-mixer1.2
      libsdl1.2-mixer1.2-dev

      The sound (the SDL libs) and animated graphics are great.
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic