61137Re: (Slashdot Article) How Apple Killed the Linux Desktop

    Sep 1, 2012
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, Michael Klinosky <mpk2@...> wrote:

      > On 09/01/2012 12:47 AM, thad_floryan wrote:
      > > No disrespect intended
      >
      > No problem. I don't take stuff personally. I figure that, if a
      > person is taking the time to correspond, it's to inform me.

      Hi Michael,

      Super! That's a great attitude to have; I wish more folks did.

      > > but it would appear you only read the Slashdot
      > > summary that Allen posted.
      > >
      > > You really need to real the full WIRED article if you haven't
      > > already:
      > >
      > > <http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/08/osx-killed-linux/>
      >
      > :) Funny how you knew that I didn't. Frankly, I thought that the
      > quote was a summary. Yup, I'll read the article.

      Heh! I could write "it's ESP" and I might not be far from the truth.

      There've been too times when I could just "look" at something and get
      to the heart of the matter, or be able to respond to a question that
      a person was just getting ready to ask. It's a "talent" that has
      served me well my entire life and really came in handy understanding
      and fixing computer, network and other problems at work that others
      hadn't even characterized yet. "Reading between the lines" of what
      someone has written is associated with that ability -- perhaps it's
      just the way I'm "wired" to communicate or akin to how investigators
      can "sense" when a person is telling the truth or not though I've
      never had any training in that regards. Dunno.

      I need to re-read the WIRED article again; I only skimmed it due to
      time but it was clear there were some salient points being made.