57992Re: [linux] Re: audacity

  • Al Thompson
    Jun 1, 2010
      visual_infinityuk wrote:
      >>> 30 odd gigs it des say there is room for so many hours...
      >>>
      >> The resulting .wav file is 30G? What sample rate/bit depth are you
      >> writing to the file? Is it properly closing the file, or leaving it open?
      >>
      > 30gb was the answer to the question of free space left on HD, so thats not an issue, the exporiting mp3s come out as about 1mb a minute which I recall in windows is 950000kb. its recording at 16bit, the audacity program can play back sounds prior to the halve an hour cut off point, but nothing after it shows a flat line.

      Try using .wav as your default file type.

      --

      Check out the website I've been cobbling together. It will never be
      done, but it's a start:

      My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
      mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
      http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

      Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer. Kalt lügt es auch;
      und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
      - [Friedrich Nietzsche]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic