57990Re: audacity

  • visual_infinityuk
    Jun 1, 2010
      --- In linux@yahoogroups.com, "Allen D. Tate" <atate@...> wrote:

      > On 5/31/2010 2:14 PM, visual_infinityuk wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In linux@yahoogroups.com <mailto:linux%40yahoogroups.com>, Al
      > > Thompson <biggles58@> wrote:

      > > stops recording, any ideas? No error messge or anything, yet, the
      > > program is still running with time going on... Which is strange,
      > > > >

      > > > What size .wav file is the result? I know you were using different
      > > > filesystems, and some of the filesystems have filesize limits. How much
      > > > free space is left on your data partition?
      > > >

      > > > --
      > > >

      > > 30 odd gigs it des say there is room for so many hours...
      > >
      > One thing I learned on Audacity is that it does not delete temp files
      > until you actually close it. Is it filling up your entire hard driver or
      > is it just killing your swap partition?

      Clearly when i have 34GB of space free it isn't going to fill up the HD, the swap space is just over 5gb and I certainly havn't used it long enough to fill that up either, i checked gparted and it doesnt say how much space is free on the swap.. if it helps i could recreate the failure to recod and send you a print screen of the bit where it stops recording, but all that is showing is the volume of the wiggly line going flatline.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic