55549Re: [linux] Re: Whatever happened to "Linux Magazine"? Warning: RANT

  • Allen Schultz
    Apr 3, 2009
      On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Thad Floryan <thad@...> wrote:
      > 16+K lines in a hosts file is really pushing it, though, and is
      > reminiscent of the old hosts file(s) at SRI during ARPANET days.
      >
      > A DNS-based solution should be considerably more efficient than a
      > sequential search of the hosts file.

      Even though this is a cross-post, I'll add that someone was planning
      on creating said DNS host tutorial to use over the hosts file as soon
      as he's ready due to the number of people interested.

      Allen
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic