53969Re: [linux] Linux on Vista Ready systems

    Aug 1, 2008
      On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:14:32PM -0600, Isaac MacFarlane wrote:
      > On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I have page covering the Acer Aspire 4720z, dealing with sound, wireless
      > > and webcam. None of them were overly problematic, though sound on
      > > CentOS doesn't work--I'm guessing it may have to do with the older
      > > version of Alsa that they use, since it works with all other
      > > distributions that I've tried.
      > >

      > I tried Madriva Spring 2008 first and it wasn't any fun at all. It did
      > support the card out of the box, but it would crash in less than an hour if
      > the wireless was used. Needless to say that I didn't keep it around for very
      > long.
      >
      > BTW, what was your problem with the webcam? I've never tried it, I just
      > assumed it would work since it did with Mandriva.

      No real problem per se, simply that the drivers weren't included with
      Fedora and I had to dig around a bit to find them.

      Spike (watching, from a distance, a conversation between
      Angel and a woman he just rescued):How can I thank you, you
      mysterious black-clad-hunk-of-a-knight-thing?
      No need little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You
      see, I was once a bad-ass vampire. But love, and a pesky curse,
      defanged me. And now, I'm just a *big* fluffy puppy with bad teeth.
      No! Not the hair! Never the hair.
      But there must be some way I can show my appreciation.
      No, helping those in need's my job. And working up a load of sexual
      tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks
      enough.
      I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so...
      Say no more. Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy
      hair gel I like so much. Quickly! To the Angel-mobile! Away!
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic