53056Re: [linux] How to change the ip address

    Mar 1, 2008
      Kurian Polachan wrote:
      > hi,
      > please do answer my doubts
      > 1. I have a linux machine ....i need to know how to change the ip
      > address and subnet mask through the command line...????

      ifconfig ethN a.b.c.d netmask e.f.g.h broadcast i.j.k.l

      replace a.b.c.d with your desired IP address, e.f.g.h with your desired
      netmask and i.j.k.l with your broadcast address

      This information is available in the man pages and a little google work.
      Very common question indeed.

      > 2. I also need to how to configure the ethernet interface for dhcp???

      dhclient ethN

      dhcpd ethN

      The ATM to the demarc is breakdancing because of a faulty regex.
      The Rebel Alliance is looking for someone to blame.
      :: http://www.s5h.net/ :: http://www.s5h.net/gpg.html