38876Re: [linux] slackware

  • Andres Rosado
    Dec 2, 2002
      On 10:13 AM 12/1/2002 +0200, the keyboard of dim emitted:
      >I was thinking about installing slackware on my pc, but the only thing
      >that keeps me from doing this is that most of its apps are in sources
      >and not in slackware packages.And there's no easy way to remove an app
      >after '.configure;make;make install'.
      >Any solutions for that?

      Slackware does have a packaging system. Try using it to install/uninstall
      packages. Also, it includes RPM IIRC.

      On source packages, you may try make uninstall, which some packages include.

      Andres Rosado
      Email: andresr@...
      ICQ: 66750646
      Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/

      The conservatism of tomorrow injected into the affairs of today.
      -- A. Bierce
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic