38855Re: [linux] slackware

  • Dave Markowitz
    Dec 1, 2002
      dim wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I was thinking about installing slackware on my pc, but the only thing
      > that keeps me from doing this is that most of its apps are in sources
      > and not in slackware packages.And there's no easy way to remove an app
      > after '.configure;make;make install'.
      > Any solutions for that?

      Actually, if you install stuff from the Slackware CDs the software is in
      Slackware ".tgz" packages. You use pkgtool to install, remove, and see
      what's installed.

      Also, if you do compile an application from source, you can often do
      "make uninstall" to remove it.

      Dave Markowitz Y! Messenger dave_markowitz
      frodo527@... AIM frodo527
      RKBA = Freedom! http://www.building-tux.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic