(no subject)

  • mr_poe@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 1999
      Ok, I've never worked with Linux on a laptop before and don't use modules
      often anyway, so if anybody can offer advice it'd be really apreciated.

      I did an ftp install of suse6.0 so I know that my ethernet card (Xircom
      CreditCard pcmcia on a Toshiba Portege 660CDT) is supported under Linux but
      once I boot the installed system, it stupidly doesn't think to load the
      same modules I had loaded when I was installing.

      I load the pcmcia_core.o and i82365.o (the laptop's pcmcia chipset) modules
      but when I try to load xirc2ps_cs.o, the actual NIC module it complains
      about unresolved symbols and bombs.

      'depmod -a xirc2ps_cs.o' returns: "can't load
      /lib/modules/xirc2ps_cs.o/modules.dep".

      So I guess depmod can't even figure out what dependancies I'm missing.

      Does anybody know of another way to figure out what else needs to be loaded
      to get a Xircom CreditCard pcmcia nic to work?

      Also, and I know this sounds stupid, but even doing a make xconfig with my
      2.0.36 kernel I couldn't find where I could even turn on pcmcia support
      much less add kernel support for that nic. Any help there? I probrably just
      haven't looked hard enough.

      Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.