Re: [linux-manipur] Re: how to update a csv file

  • akshatha shanbhag
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2011
      Hi Dev,

      Attached are two files one is storage.csv o/p file and storage request.xls the i/p file.
      i have converted the storage request.xls fiel into csv format so taht it can be read in a shell script.

      i want to read the storage.csv file on a linux box and the o/p of df -h (free space and %) should be updated in this file.
      once i winscp the updated storage.csv on to the windows box it should be readable.

          regards,
      Akshatha Shanbhag

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2011
        hi,

        Any update?was i clear.Please let me know if any other information required.

        --
        Regards,
        Devaraj

      • akshatha shanbhag
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
          hi Dev,

          I am waiting for your reply.

              regards,
          Akshatha Shanbhag

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
            Unfortunately, I am not able to open the file for some reason. However as I understand, you should be able to do the following command and append its output to the file

            $ df -h | awk 'NR>1{print $2,$3,$4,$5}' OFS="," | sed 's/\%//g'
            106G,95G,11G,90
            106G,95G,11G,90
            106G,95G,11G,90
            106G,95G,11G,90

            $ df -h | awk 'NR>1{print $2,$3,$4,$5}' OFS="," | sed 's/\%//g' >> storage.csv

            On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM, akshatha shanbhag <akssgr@...> wrote:

            hi Dev,

            I am waiting for your reply.

                regards,