Mandrake 7.1 and Dell Inspiron 3800 RAM DISK Problem during install

  • sjnk@apo.nmsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7 3:33 AM
      Howdy,

      As the subject says, I'm trying to install Mandrake 7.1 from CDs I
      made from the .iso images on my Dell Inspiron 3800 with 128MB of
      RAM, but it dies while trying to load the second-stage RAM disk and
      does not recover. I've tried just hitting return at the initial
      prompt and entering linux mem=128M. Neither works. Any advice, please?

      Thanks,
      Scot