SCSI interface/ Networking with I7500 & Mandrake

  • hmzayyan@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7 2:11 AM
      Hi All

      System: inspiron 7500 ( P-III, 700 Mhz, software dvd,
      running both win98 and Mandrake 7.1 )

      And I have an HP External CD-RW drive connected to my Home PC , that
      drive cost me a pretty penny, hence i want to know is there a way to
      be able to use the CD-Writer with my Inspiron notebook as well ??

      can anybody out there advise me with the best way to do that ? which
      is more feasible/Possible :

      1- Buy a networking pcmci card for the inspiron, Network it with my
      PC and then use the CD-RW drive ?? - i already have a NIC in the PC -
      If so, do u recommend any particular card brand that would work well
      with Mandrake ?

      OR

      2- Is there any kind of SCSI interfaces that i can get for the
      inspiron and connect it directly to the SCSI chain ?! that would also
      work with linux ofcoure , If there are any , does Dell sell them ?
      Any help would be appreciated :-)

      Thanx
    • jo@macf.ly
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2000

        > 2- Is there any kind of SCSI interfaces that i can get for the
        > inspiron and connect it directly to the SCSI chain ?! that would
        > also
        > work with linux ofcoure , If there are any , does Dell sell them ?
        > Any help would be appreciated :-)
        >
        > Thanx

        yes. adaptec is selling a pcmcia-scsi kontroller, which runs with
        linux. go to adaptec, products, kontroller, mobile solutions.

        greetings,