Re: [linux-dell-laptops] sndconfig????

  • gokul_vs@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6 12:47 PM
      Any idea on sound config for Dell Latitude CP M233xt. it has a
      soundbalster pro sound card. i did sndconfig and picked the
      soundblaster pro option.
      every thing works fine except for sound recording. i am using sox and
      lame - mp3 recording programs and they dont work. they generate a
      144kb file all the time with no recorded audio. input for recording
      goes from the mic. recording works fine if i use the dd command and
      play back the .au file.
      i have tested the audio recording from mic and generating mp3 files
      using sox and lame on other pcs running linux 2.2.14 redhat 6.2.

      for some reason it doesnt work on dell latitude cp 233. it has linux
      2.2.14 and redhat 6.2. pre-recorded mp3 files play back fine when i
      use mpg123 program. but i cant record audio using sox or lame to
      generate .mp3 file for audio recorded using the internal mic. i have
      maxed the mic volume and no help. recording generates a constant
      144kb
      file.

      let me know if there is anything special i need to do to make
      recording work.

      thanks for your input.
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Dan <dhagberg@d...> wrote:
      > You might want to look at http://www.uglx.org/sony.html. It has
      > information about getting sound running for 256AV and 256ZX.
      >
      > Dan
      >
      > At 11:28 AM 5/1/00 +0200, you wrote:
      >
      > >Where does one get the nm256.o driver? I have RH
      > >6.0 and running sndconfig does not detect the
      > >neomagic device?
      > >

      > >On Mon, 1 May 2000, Joey Gebbia wrote:
      > >
      > > > to let everyone know: this worked out well. My sound is now up
      and
      > > > running ......thanks Dan
      > > >

      > > > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, "Dan Hagberg"
      <dhagberg@d...>
      Then it
      > > > worked.
      > > > to the
      located
      at
      > > > problems on
      > > > mistake.

      card...I
      click
      ......I
      > > > Joey

      > > > ----

      > > > ----

      > > > Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
      > > > reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
      > > > Click here for more details.

      > >--

      ---
      > >*--- FREE VOICEMAIL FOR YOUR HOME PHONE! ---*
      > >With eVoice Now you can keep in touch with clients, vendors,
      co-workers,
      > >friends and family ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. Sign Up Today for your FREE!

      ---