[linux-dell-laptops] Trouble w/ ISP & PCMCIA Modem...

  • tjoconnor01@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      If anybody has configured a PCMCIA Modem and connected to an ISP on a
      Dell, I would appreciate your help. I am using RedHat 6.0, a viking PC
      Card PCMCIA Modem and Earthlink ISP. I have installed the modem but I
      don't know where to start to set up my ISP. Any help would be
      appreciated. Thank you.

      tjoconnor01@...
    • Leon Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 1999
        >If anybody has configured a PCMCIA Modem and connected to an ISP on a
        >Dell, I would appreciate your help. I am using RedHat 6.0, a viking PC
        >Card PCMCIA Modem and Earthlink ISP. I have installed the modem but I
        >don't know where to start to set up my ISP. Any help would be
        >appreciated. Thank you.

        Have you contacted Earthlink and asked them if they'll help? Maybe ISPs are
        starting to come around and show some regard for the Linux community.

        Otherwise, the place to start is with the netcfg control panel. If Earthlink
        is not using any exotic protocols you may be able to get things working from
        there.

        Leon Wood