Re: sound on a Latitude CPX J650

  • m_bahasoean@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, lupo@a... wrote:

      I have a Dell Latitude CPx H500GT and I got sound working by
      upgrading the kernel to 2.2.16. Apparently most laptops nowadays have
      a maestro soundchip which is included in the latest kernel.

      > Hello,
      >
      >Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get the sound working
      >on a Dell Latidude CPx J650 running Red Hat 6.2. Anyone's help would
      >be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Adam
    • Simon Trimmer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
        Unfortunatly, not in this case.

        The Maestro 3i chip doesn't have an open source driver at the moment. The
        best we can do is get one from OSS.

        -Simon

        On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 m_bahasoean@... wrote:
        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, lupo@a... wrote:
        >
        > I have a Dell Latitude CPx H500GT and I got sound working by
        > upgrading the kernel to 2.2.16. Apparently most laptops nowadays have
        > a maestro soundchip which is included in the latest kernel.
        >

        > > Hello,
        > >
        > >Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get the sound working
        > >on a Dell Latidude CPx J650 running Red Hat 6.2. Anyone's help would
        > >be greatly appreciated.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Adam

        Simon Trimmer <simon@...> Mobile: 07974 545 374

        Linux is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.
      • lupo@accessgate.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
          --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Simon Trimmer <simon@u...>
          wrote:
          > Unfortunatly, not in this case.
          >
          > The Maestro 3i chip doesn't have an open source driver at the
          moment. The
          > best we can do is get one from OSS.
          >
          > -Simon

          Everyone,

          Just want to thank everyone for the help. I sucked it up and dropped
          the $30.00 with OSS, and it works great. As much as I hate paying
          anything for linux drivers, at least I have sound.

          Adam