sound on a Latitude CPX J650

  • lupo@accessgate.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
      Hello,

      Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get the sound working
      on a Dell Latidude CPx J650 running Red Hat 6.2. Anyone's help would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Adam
    • m_bahasoean@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, lupo@a... wrote:

        I have a Dell Latitude CPx H500GT and I got sound working by
        upgrading the kernel to 2.2.16. Apparently most laptops nowadays have
        a maestro soundchip which is included in the latest kernel.

        > Hello,
        >
        >Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get the sound working
        >on a Dell Latidude CPx J650 running Red Hat 6.2. Anyone's help would
        >be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Adam
      • Simon Trimmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
          Unfortunatly, not in this case.

          The Maestro 3i chip doesn't have an open source driver at the moment. The
          best we can do is get one from OSS.

          -Simon

          On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 m_bahasoean@... wrote:
          > --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, lupo@a... wrote:
          >
          > I have a Dell Latitude CPx H500GT and I got sound working by
          > upgrading the kernel to 2.2.16. Apparently most laptops nowadays have
          > a maestro soundchip which is included in the latest kernel.
          >

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > >Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to get the sound working
          > >on a Dell Latidude CPx J650 running Red Hat 6.2. Anyone's help would
          > >be greatly appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Adam

          Simon Trimmer <simon@...> Mobile: 07974 545 374

          Linux is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.
        • lupo@accessgate.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2000
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Simon Trimmer <simon@u...>
            wrote:
            > Unfortunatly, not in this case.
            >
            > The Maestro 3i chip doesn't have an open source driver at the
            moment. The
            > best we can do is get one from OSS.
            >
            > -Simon

            Everyone,

            Just want to thank everyone for the help. I sucked it up and dropped
            the $30.00 with OSS, and it works great. As much as I hate paying
            anything for linux drivers, at least I have sound.

            Adam