Acroread problems on Inspiron 3800/RH6.2/gnome but not fvwm2??

  • Paul Crowther
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Here's a teaser for the gurus out there...

      any suggestions why Adobe Acroread 4.0 persistently crashes
      out on my Inspiron 3800/RH6.2 under GNOME immediately upon startup,
      with a segmentation violation or commonly the Windozeque...
      "Exited with error code: 0x400e0009"

      No prizes for suggesting there is something wrong with Acroread alas,
      since this package works perfectly under FVWM2 on the same machine!

      Other packages misbehave under FVWM2 rather than GNOME, so switching
      to FVWM2 isn't an ideal solution. I'd be tempted to fire up a second
      X session to vt8 running FVWM2 except that my initialization script
      never gets picked up unless it is the system default
      /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc for some crazy reason.

      pac