Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 7500 & Advanced Port Replicator

  • Calum Mackay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2002
      Hi Toby,

      tabbages2000 wrote:
      > I am having huge problems configuring the docking station to work on
      > a network. I am running windows XP anyone got any ideas as to why it
      > will not work and what do I have to do to cure it!!

      Not sure why you're asking a Linux list for Windows assistance :)

      All I can tell you is that the 100MB interface in the APR is an Intel
      Ether Express Pro; under Linux it uses the eepro100 driver.

      Make sure you're connecting it with the right sense of cable to a known
      good port on your hub. Do you get a "link active" light on the hub?

      If it's a non-switching hub, try snooping to see if you can see any
      packets coming out as you boot whilst in the APR.

      Don't know if this helps at all...

      cheers,
      C.