external monitor with ATI Rage chipset?

  • jeff_young@sra.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2000
      I have a new Inspiron 7500 with the ATI Rage Mobility chipset and an
      adavanced port replicator that I would like to get an external monitor
      to work with automatically. I've tried the suggestions of using 2
      XF86Config files with 'Option "extern_disp"' in the docked version,
      but that doesn't seem to work. I can get the external monitor to work
      by using Fn-crt/lcd, but I have a monitor stand that the docking
      station sits under, so opening the laptop display every time is not
      practical. Has anyone gotten this to work with the ATI chipset
      instead of the Neomagic?

      thanks...