kde 2.2.2 package install

  • ---(rick moranis)---
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2002
      i just installed slackware 8 back onto my laptop. i downloaded the updates
      for all the packages and i'm having problems with kde 2.2.2. when i do
      installpkg *.tgz, everything installs correctly except for kdeartwork and
      kdoc. these are there error messages

      root@Wackness:/home/wackness/downloads/KDE2.2.2# installpkg
      kdeartwork-2.2.2-i386-1.tgz
      Installing package kdeartwork-2.2.2-i386-1.tgz (Priority: [unknown])...
      PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
      cp: cannot stat `/install/doinst.sh': No such file or directory
      chmod: getting attributes of `/var/log/scripts/kdeartwork-2.2.2-i386-1': No
      such file or directory

      Installing package kdoc-2.2.2-i386-1.tgz (Priority: [unknown])...
      PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
      cp: cannot stat `/install/doinst.sh': No such file or directory
      chmod: getting attributes of `/var/log/scripts/kdoc-2.2.2-i386-1': No such
      file or directory

      i got a very similar error message when i tried to install winamp3. i'm sure
      it's a simple problem with a simple solution. thanks.