Latitude CPtS DVD-video support 8/25/00?

  • Matthew England
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2000
      To: linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com

      I'm looking to watch movies on my DVD player that comes with my Latitude
      CPtS system. I have a Margi DVD/MPEG-2 DVD-to-Go PCMCIA card that Dell
      supports for Windows 98 (the PC card shipped from dell and has both Dell's
      and Margi's name on it). I'm running Redhat 6.2 (along with separate,
      Winblows partitions) but could probably change to something else if that helps.

      To do I have a snowball's chance in a very warm place of getting this to
      work under Linux as of 8/25/2000?

      Things at www.linuxvideo.org have yet to be helpful, but this could be due
      to user error.

      fyi:

      I can't get it work under Windows2000 either, but Win98 does work. Does
      anybody know about Windows2000 support? In the same breath, can anyone
      interrupt the language at
      http://support.dell.com/us/en/kb/document.asp?DN=TA1033192 to see if there
      if it actually says whether or not the system *will* or *will not* work??

      Thanks for any help,
      -Matt