Re: Mandrake 8.1, LT Win modem and an I8000

  • yukonmystery
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      If your mini-PCI card it from Actiontec (or any based on the Lucent
      Winmodem chipset) you can grab the ltmodem package off the following
      website:

      http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/

      The following should get you up and going:

      [chouston@brainwave ltmodem-6.00b9]$ ./build_module
      [chouston@brainwave ltmodem-6.00b9]$ ./ltinst2
      [chouston@brainwave ltmodem-6.00b9]$ ./autoload

      How do you know if you have the Actiontec? Your Mandrake install
      should have detected it and directed you to http://linmodem.org/. You
      can also use "lspci -vv" and look for the following:

      08:08.0 Communication controller: Lucent Microelectronics WinModem 56k
      (rev 01)
      Subsystem: Action Tec Electronics Inc: Unknown device 2400

      Or you can simply flip your laptop over and look for the FCC sticker
      on the bottom...

      Cory

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "cynon83" <cynon83@y...> wrote:
      > First off, I'd like to say THANKS to all the people here who have put
      > up faqs and such. The information has really helped me to get my
      > Geforce2Go card and X up and running fine.
      >
      > Now, I am going to hope that people can help with this:
      >
      > I have, as described in the header an I8k, Mandrake 8.1 and a
      > (f*&^#^%) winmodem. Why the use these things, I have no idea. But,
      > I can't get it to work. I'm still hitting sites in hopes of finding
      > some help, but I thought I'd post here for ideas.
      >
      > Is there an RPM or something out there that will get this thing to
      > work? Or do I have to get a new modem?
      >

      > Thanks
    • cynon83
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2002
        Hmmmm.... OK. I downloaded the file and did the build etc., but
        where do I go from there? I tried to set up a profile and came up
        with the same old set of drivers to choose from, and the modem was
        still not found.

        Suggestions?

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "yukonmystery" <yukonmystery@y...>