CPU Upgrades?

  • Tim Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      I have a two-year-old Inspiron 7000 that continues to do exactly what I
      expected it do -- one of the best computer purchases I've made.

      I've upgraded the hard disk from 4.8GB to 10GB. I've upgraded the memory from
      64MB to 320MB. I've replaced the CD reader with a CD-RW. I've replaced the
      operating system several times. The only remaining thing I'd like to replace
      is the Pentium II-266.

      Are the CPUs in the Inspirons in a replaceable module, or are they soldered
      down? Is there any upgrade path available to me?

      --
      - Tim Roberts, timr@...
      Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.