Re: [linux-dell-laptops] UXGA - what is it really like?

  • Charles Galpin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      On Tue, 2002-01-01 at 22:07, Walter Logeman wrote:
      > I'd love to hear more from people who actually use one or have
      > seen one. Tell me again that it is awesome :)
      >
      > Ohoh, my credit was just confirmed... I am now in the loop!
      >
      > Walter

      Walter, I am very happy with the UXGA. I find the text crisp and clear
      enough to read - even though small. The real estate is unbeatable, and
      if you do find the text size to small, you can change the font type and
      size in most apps to suite your eyeballs.

      Anyway, I think it's great.

      charles
    • Gregory Gulik
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
        I was originally concerned that the UXGA display would be too small so I
        ordered an 8100 with the XGA+ display. When I got that I was amazed how
        crisp and clean the display was so within a few days I decided to send that
        one back and upgrade to the UXGA display. I've had it about 2 weeks now and
        I don't regret that decision. The display is quite readable even with my
        smallish fonts. As a matter of fact it's more readable than the 19" Hitachi
        monitor on my desktop Linux box running at the same 1600x1200 resolution.

        Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/
        greg@... http://www.drivingevents.com/