s2r on an i8100 running SuSE 7.3: Has anyone gotten this to work ?

  • ron17
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      I've been unsuccesfull in getting suspend to RAM working using Fn-Esc
      on a Dell i8100 running SuSE 7.3. I've adjusted the kernel parameters
      to disable APIC.
      I shutdown X, unload the agpgart and NVdriver modules, hit Fn-Esc and
      the system seems to suspend OK, but when I try to resume, the console
      screen comes up , then it hangs.

      I've seen a lot of discussion about APM problems on this group but I'm
      not sure I've seen a solution particularly for SuSE 7.3.
    • ljpdell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2002
        I had similair problems with my I8K and I solved it by re-compiling
        the 7.3 stock kernel disabling all APM options (except
        IDLE instruction on IDLE)
        i.e APIC, Start PM on boot, Allow interrupts for APM etc

        (don't remember the exact name of the options from the
        top of my head right now)

        After this suspend to RAM works like a dream as far
        as I shut down X and unloaded the Nvidia driver.

        (I haven't bothered patching the Nvidia driver yet to
        fix the disabled APM since I'm quite happy with just
        having to start X rather than a complete reboot)

        Johan