[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Where do I start with PCMCIA networking?

  • Steve Haslam
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 1999
      On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 11:18:22AM -0700, jdillworth@... wrote:
      > Wheeeeeew....... Got X up and running on my CPI. Now I need to get to
      > the outside workld. Where do I start with netweoking. I installed
      > from the CD rom so I did not install PCMCIA networking. I have a 3COM
      > 3CCFE574BT fast ehternet card. It is listed as completelt supported.
      > I tried to just plug it in but Linux RH6.0 dosn't seem to recognize it.

      Install PCMCIA- cardmgr should find the card and beep at you. Then you
      can ifconfig/dhclient the card as usual.

      SRH
      --
      Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK shaslam@...
    • pcrossma@silverbacktech.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 1999
        jdillwort-@... wrote:
        =87
        > Wheeeeeew.......

        I had the same expression when I started with this. Dell sent me a
        $#^@$&%# Xircom 10/100 56k CardBus card. Of course this was not
        supported with RH6.0 out of the box.

        Go and get the latest pcmcia-cs (version 3.1.0 I think). I installed
        it, rebuilt my kernel, and everything just seemed to work. If you are
        still in hell today, give this a try.

        Paul C.