Inspiron 7500 vs. 5000?

  • Christopher Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 8:02 PM
      Hi there. I'm thinking seriously about buying one of Dell's Inspirons
      (mostly for the 1400x1050 display ;-), but I'm unclear about the
      differences between the 5000 and the 7500. So far all I can see is
      that the 7500 is heavier and perhaps has one extra bay(?). The 5000
      seems like the better way to go since it's lighter and a tad cheaper
      (both of which are nice). However, I noticed a USENET posting
      suggesting the 7500 was the much better way to go, so I thought I'd
      ask the experts. ;-)

      Also, is the 1400x1050 display too fine to read easily? I have good
      eyesight, but I don't want to push it. I tested out one of Sony's
      original ultracompact VAIO's with 1024x768 display on 10.4". That
      display had the smallest pixel size I've seen to date, and was ok for
      me, although I'd not want to go any farther. Doing some quick math it
      seems like the Inspiron display should have larger pixels, but I
      thought I'd get feedback from people who'd actually used them. ;-)

      Thanks in advance.

      --Chris
    • hammer995@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9 7:07 AM
        I went through the same dilemma the other day...I was comparing
        between the two...

        The only difference the guy on the phone said at dell was the
        megabay/combo drive and that the 7500 has the 15.4" screen which goes
        to 1280x1024.

        So the 5000 seemed a better choice for the money/weight and that I
        was able to get the 5000 configured with the same stuff.

        Go with the 5000, unless you need the extra battery or zip drive in
        there at the same time plus its like 2 lbs heavier, which is alot
        when carting around.

        -sonny

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, "Christopher Smith" <x@x...>