Inspiron 5000 and VMware 2.02 Full-screen 1280x1024

  • Steven McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 10:56 AM
      Hi Folks

      I have an inspiron 5000 with the 15" SXGA+ display running Linux
      6.2 which I successfully run at 1400x1050. I have recently installed
      VMware with windows 98 as a guest OS. VMware Tools installs a special
      SVGA driver for the guest OS (Windows98) that can do up to 1280x1024.

      Unfortunately, I have never been able to get my Inspiron 5000 running
      RH6.1 or 6.2 to run at 1280x1024. 1400x1050 and 1024x768 have been the
      only two modes I have working. Consequently I cannot go to full-screen
      mode in VMware at 1280x1024.

      So until VMware support a 1400x1050 resolution with their SVGA driver,
      I would like to try and get my Inspiron to run at 1280x1024. Has
      anybody been successfull in this, if so I would be very grateful if
      they could share with me their modeline values and any other configs
      that were neccessary.

      Thank you for your time.
      Steve

      PS: Has anybody else noticed the annoying feature of the egroups that
      when you resize your netscape screen while in the middle of typing a
      letter it looses all your hardwork of letter typing.