Re: [linux-dell-laptops] stuck installing corel linux on dell inspiron 3700

  • Charly Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2000
      raja1008@... wrote:

      I solved this same problem by dumping Corel and installing Caldera. Even
      then, I needed VGA=2 for any of the graphics part of the install to work.
      I think if you want to stay with Corel, you have to somehow get this
      parameter to the kernel they use during their install process. I believe
      they use graphics a lot in their install. VGA=2 is a kernel parameter
      provided at boot time by entering at the LILO boot prompt. It sets the
      video card's default graphics mode.

      Charly Baker