RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Vmware 2.02 .. & Linux Resolution

  • Lehman, Michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
      Well, I thought that you could hit ctl-alt-"+" or ctl-alt-"-" to go up and
      down between resolutions. But it didn't work.

      There is an applet for gnome called gvid, that will let you switch
      resolutions and depth on the fly.

      What I would like to know is how to get the full 1400x1050 resolution on the
      Inspirion 5000? Just for kicks I tried the patch for the 7500's, and, of
      course, it didn't work. The resolution was one of the primary reasons I
      bought the thing, and I really want it to work.

      Michael Lehman