Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Vmware 2.02

  • Kevin Maciunas
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
      Sigurd Nes wrote:

      > Has anyone tried to install the Vmware tools ?
      >
      > The binaries are supposed to be included in the download of VMware 2.0
      > - but I've not figured it out how to install the tools...

      Click on the "Settings" menu of the vmware window. There is some
      information someplace about this (under help, I seem to recall). I was
      hunting for this stuff myself - it is different under this version. You
      basically don't run anything, it's all kind-of built in. The instructions
      are very explicit. Make sure you read them first!
      /Kevin

      --
      Kevin J. Maciunas Net: kevin@...
      Dept. of Computer Science Ph : +61 8 8303 5845
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
        On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Kevin Maciunas wrote:
        > Sigurd Nes wrote:
        >
        > > Has anyone tried to install the Vmware tools ?
        > >
        > > The binaries are supposed to be included in the download of VMware 2.0
        > > - but I've not figured it out how to install the tools...
        > >

        > Click on the "Settings" menu of the vmware window. There is some
        > information someplace about this (under help, I seem to recall). I was
        > hunting for this stuff myself - it is different under this version. You
        > basically don't run anything, it's all kind-of built in. The instructions
        > are very explicit. Make sure you read them first!
        > /Kevin

        Under Settings, at the bottom you get "vmware tools install". This will swap
        the floppy drive for a virtual one which you can mount as normal to get at
        the tools.

        -Simon

        Simon Trimmer <simon@...> Mobile: 07974 545 374

        Linux is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.