RE: [linux-dell-laptops] its dead jim...

  • McDermott, Alastair
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:14 AM
      > I have a dell XPi90 that won't boot up. When I start it the
      > memory check
      > starts then it give 2 beeps and shuts down. I bought it used
      > so I don't have
      > a manual.
      >
      > Anybody have any ideas

      You need to find out what those POST errors are - e.g. 2 beeps is telling
      you some component has failed. Have you tried the talkback section on Dell
      support? Also your manual might be available.

      Sometimes these kind of errors are caused by badly seated RAM/CPU or other
      cards, try opening the case and firmly pushing the components into place.

      Alastair.

      --
      Alastair McDermott,
      Software AG R&D Ireland Ltd.

      If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

      #include <disclaimer.h>